All the IVU World Vegfests -past and future:
IVU was launched at an International Vegetarian Congress in 1908, in Dresden, Germany. They were then initially annual, but soon changed to every 3 years. By the mid-1950s the name had changed to the World Vegetarian Congress, held every 2 years. Everything vegan since 1996.
For all events before 2012, see: IVU 1908-2010
From 2012 we began the changeover to an annual IVU World Vegfest- with 40th in 2012 designated as a Congress/Vegfest. The Vegfests are being rotated around IVU's six regions, here's the complete list (with regional events in italics):
40th : 2012 North America - San Francisco and Los Angeles, California - links to photos, videos, recipes, reports and the complete program.
- 2012: 5th SouthEast Asia Veg Congress, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- 2012 Middle East Veg Seminar, Dubai, UAE
- 2012: PanAfrica Vegfest, Lomé, Togo, West Africa
41st : 2013 - Asia-Pacific - Kuala Lumpur and Penang, Malaysia, Oct 3-9
- 2013: India International Vegan Festival - Sep 27-29
- 2013: 7mo. VegFest Latinoamericano - Nov 1-3
42nd : 2014 - Africa - Accra, Ghana, Oct 1-6
- the first ever world veg event in Africa!
43rd : 2015 - Latin America - details soon!
44th : 2016 - India/SW Asia - we're working on it....
- aiming at the first ever world veg event in the Middle East!
45th : 2017 - Europe - we'd like to go East....
46th : 2018 - North America - somewhere different to California.... probably east again....
47th : 2019 - Asia-Pacific - Australia? China?
Then the rota continues as above - further details of locations will be added as they are approved by the IVU International Council
Keep up to date:
ivu-vegfest email news (no discussions, news only so low volume):
IVU Members and Supporters - Facebook group
IVU Facebook page